Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hear Our Music

Use the music player at the top of the page to hear our music. You can select a song and play it straight from your computer or click on "Download" to add it to your computer music or iTunes library. My daughter Casey is on vocals except where noted. My daughter Camryn writes some of the music and is starting to play percussion.

1. Two Party System - another song I wrote for school. It's a simple chant about John Adams and the SOL the students need to know for his presidency. I bet they won't forget it after this! My buddy Gabe laid down the lead guitar tracks while I played rhythm. Casey helps me too.
2. Explorin' Groove is for the exploration unit I teach.
3. No Suffrage Blues is for the suffrage unit I teach.
4. Jamestown 1607 is for the colonization unit. The quality singing you hear on the chorus is my former assistant principal, Steve Castle - a great guy.
5. Taxation without Representation - a song I wrote for the Revolutionary War unit. I couldn't get Casey to sing it so I had to sing it myself. I hesitated to put it on the site because of my singing but for some reason my students love listening to it on the class iPods. So here it is...
6. New York City (I'm Gonna Miss Her When She's Gone) - I wrote this song about Tracey's upcoming to trip to NYC. It's about all the stuff she loves to do in the Big Apple.
7. I Love You More - a birthday song for my wife. Money's tight...
8. By the House - Casey wrote these words when she was about 6. I made a folksy acoustic recording of her singing it. Very cute. She's older now and thinks the words are too little kid. I rewrote the music and sang it myself. I still like the words she wrote - even if they were by a little kid.
9. God Almighty was written by my daughter Camryn and me. The truth is she wrote the bulk of the song and tune and I helped her finish it up. This a live performance of the song from church.
10. Come to Me is a song I wrote for church. This is live at church with Casey singing the solo the first time through.
11. My Life - Casey wrote the words and I put them to music.
12. Come to Me - the original recording
13. I Love You More (acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment